Home > Not Working > Lenovo Thinkpad Sound Not Working T420

Lenovo Thinkpad Sound Not Working T420

Contents

All rights reserved.Unauthorized reproduction or linking forbidden without expressed written permission. Register now while it's still free! Previous Windows - Error message: No active mixer devices available Next Remove WGA updates Subscribe to our newsletter Subscribe Team Terms of Use Contact Policies CCM Benchmark Group health.ccm.net Windows - Following some comments from others I tested to see if I could get audio from the line out jack and yes, I can. http://itenlightenment.com/not-working/lenovo-thinkpad-sound-not-working.html

Join Us! *Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. If you’ve done so but still can’t hear any sound, try to modify the speakers properties.Step 1. But the tricky part is that windows may not know the speakers are disabled via the thinkpad's volume and mute keys without that driver and will tell you in the mixer Finally the speakers might have gone bad, but in my experience in laptops, this is a highly unlikely situation but not one to be put aside if you are willing to

Lenovo Laptop Sound Not Working

You can find them at the top of your keyboard: For older ThinkPad systems, there may be a volume wheel on side of unit or the key combination of Fn and Yes No Voted Undo Score 8 Cancel Comments: my sound is not working i cant hear anything i have it turned all the way up i restarted my laptop6 times and Guide IBM ThinkPad T41 Speaker replacement Difficulty: Moderate — 15 - 20 minutes Was this answer helpful? You could install by downloading the larger file of the two (64 bit), extract with any utility that can extract *.cab files and then you can install through device manager by

Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework. Check the Direct X version under the System Information. I can't afford to be with this laptop for the moment as my backup is in the shop and I need it for school. Lenovo Sound Driver I don't think they have ever been working.

Select Sounds and Audio Devices 4. Lenovo Laptop Headphone Jack Not Working RE: Lenovo Windows 7 Sound Issue zaineyma (TechnicalUser) (OP) 9 May 12 11:04 It is an original version, I dont get involved with bootlegs. I was prepared for a little... https://www.quora.com/The-audio-in-my-Lenovo-laptop-suddenly-stopped-working-even-with-ear-phones-I-tried-to-change-many-settings-Even-the-test-sound-doesnt-work-Are-there-any-ways-to-solve-this-problem Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:45 PM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote I had the same problem at first - it appears the system moves the sound from the

Then push the volume up or down button and magically the speakers work! Lenovo Laptop Sound Not Working Windows 7 Posts: 1 Registered: ‎04-11-2012 Message 1 of 3 (3,255 Views) T420s Speakers not working Options Mark as New Bookmark Subscribe Subscribe to RSS Feed Highlight Print Email to a Friend Report Cancel Red Flag SubmittedThank you for helping keep Tek-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.The Tek-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action. The BIOS Setup Utility menu will be displayed.

Lenovo Laptop Headphone Jack Not Working

I wasted several hours installing and uninstalling a driver that was working all along. http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/339086-lenovo-windows-7-64-no-sound.html It is also appearing to make noise (the mixers show sound that should be coming from the speakers)I have updated drivers, made sure the headphone jack/ speakers get separate streams, and Lenovo Laptop Sound Not Working many thanks in advance. Lenovo Laptop Sound Not Working Windows 10 This port can also be used by speech-recognition software.

On the other hand, try plug the speakers into audio jacks of another computer with working audio and see if it sounds. http://itenlightenment.com/not-working/lenovo-thinkpad-keys-not-working.html Recommended Driver Talent Download, Update & Fix Your Windows Drivers Driver Talent is the world's leading Windows drivers update software. Cancel Add your answer Jonathan Tattersall will be eternally grateful. From what I have seen, the ones that start with "AMD64" are Windows 64 bit drivers, the ones that start with "X86" are 32 bit drivers. Lenovo Sound Not Working Windows 10

Already a member? If I make sure the physical mute button is off, it will beep when it shuts down but that's the only time it makes nosie. I don't think it would be any worse though, perhaps it may even fix this issue. have a peek here To solve this, try Driver Talent (formerly called DriveTheLife).

The audio driver is damaged or removed during Windows 10 update. Lenovo Speakers Not Working Windows 10 Click Start then click Run. Select Audio Tab 6.

For ThinkPad A, R, T, X and Z series systems Turn on the computer.

Overclock.net›Forums›Mobile Computing Forum›Laptops and Netbooks›Speakers not working on brand new T420s. And boy was it not obvious! Reply Reply Start a New Thread Subscribe Search This Thread New Posts All Forums:Forum Nav:HomeSubscriptionsPrivate MessagesWho's OnlineForumsOverclock.net ForumNew MembersOverclock.net Related News and InformationOverclock.net Member PollsOverclock.net Contests and PromotionsForum Platform Help and Lenovo Headphone Jack Driver Cancel sam trovar Rep: 61 1 Posted: July 28 Options Permalink History i would say best to contact lenovo http://goo.gl/yb8MSi Was this answer helpful?

Download the audio driver file from here: http://fileme.us/file/0Y1B61 2. If all of these check out then the second thing to check would be the three buttons located next to the blue access ibm button. Right-Click on My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Right-Click on missing audio driver which has a warning sign (!) on it -> Update Driver 4. http://itenlightenment.com/not-working/lenovo-thinkpad-keypad-not-working.html If your can hear sound from headset...

Posting Guidelines Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.Tek-Tips Posting Policies Jobs Jobs from Indeed What: Where: jobs by Link To This Forum! Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums: Talk To Other Members Notification Of Responses To Questions Favorite Forums One Click Access Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More... Select Config Select Initialize and then click OK Click Exit, click Restart, and then click OK to restart the system. The solution is as follows: Install the soundcard drivers that lenovo supplies on their driver site.

Top Kudoed Posts Subject kudos Re: T450 - Windows splash freezes after BIOS updat... 9 Re: T460s trackpad issues on Windows 10 3 Re: T450 - Windows splash freezes after BIOS Note: If the speaker icon is not on the windows task bar, press F1 while the Windows desktop is active and search for "Volume control" for instructions on how to change Driver Talent will download and install the best-matched audio driver for your Windows 10 to fix this issue.Restart your computer after Driver Talent finishes installing the audio driver.Top 2. Launch Driver Talent and click "Scan".

iFixit: Repair Manual Official App Free – Google Play Install Select a Language: 中文 日本語 Deutsch English Español Français Italiano Nederlands Português Русский язык Türkçe Machine translation Help Translate iFixit Close Check out the Speaker Repair Guide to find out how to get to the speakers if you feel like taking the time to fix this. Also I have a 510 and have had to send it in a few times. If its new call Levono Support.

Currently, there are 1876 Active Users (285 Members and 1591 Guests) Recent Discussions › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club 3 minutes ago › ZEN - Hyper Thread 4 minutes ago Privacy statement  © 2016 Microsoft. This is mainly because the sound driver you install in the Device Manager can’t work properly. Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:11 AM Reply | Quote 1 Sign in to vote According to the inf install file, it is for HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_17AA211F, which may well be identical to yours.

To get this to work permanantly, you need to install the Lenovo driver for enhanced function keys. Since putting the 64 bit version on I have been unable to get sound from the speakers. Marked as answer by J Therrien Thursday, May 21, 2009 5:43 PM Thursday, May 21, 2009 5:43 PM Reply | Quote All replies 0 Sign in to vote Hello,      Test your audio after performing each step: Set the physical volume controls to an appropriate level For ThinkPad A, G, R, T, X, and Z series systems, there are volume down,

Load the default configuration in the BIOS. All are applied to laptops, desktops, or notebook computers of brands, like Asus, Acer, Dell, Lenovo, HP, ThinkPad, Toshiba, IBM, Sony, Gateway, Samsung, etc.Top 1. This issue can be due to one of several factors, including missing drivers, a broken audio jack, or — very simply — a change in your system's sound settings. Cancel The All-New Pro Tech Toolkit The high performance electronics repair kit.